I’ve been playing around a lot lately with new recipes and I have definitely found a keeper that I wanted to share with all of you! I have been making this muffin recipe every week since I discovered it 2 months ago because it’s just so delicious and packed with protein! If you are a fan of quick, delicious snacks that are good for you, then stay tuned for this recipe!
The best part about this recipe is it only requires a few ingredients and it stays fresh for the whole week. So, what is this delicious recipe…? It’s chocolate chip banana protein muffins! Saying that is a mouth full in itself.
They are seriously SOOOOOO good!
So here is what you will need:
Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins
2 Ripe Bananas
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (this is the one I use)
1 cup creamy peanut butter (this is the I use)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can used dairy free for vegan or regular-both taste delicious)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl mash up the bananas with a fork until a mushy consistency is achieved
- Add in peanut butter, apple sauce, protein powder and baking soda to banana mixture and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and mix until all combined.
- Grease a muffin tin (this is my favorite coconut oil for cooking) and add mixture directly to muffin tray. Do not fill the muffin tray all the way up as these muffins do rise!
- Place muffin tray into oven and bake for 12-14 minutes. (12 minutes for moist muffins or 14 minutes for more dry/crisp muffins). I personally only cook these muffins for 12 minutes as I find that gives the best texture and moisture.
- Let muffins cool completely in tin then place in Tupperware to store at room temperature for up to 7 days. You can also freeze these and let them thaw before eating for longer storage.
There you have it, a delicious and quick recipe that you can whip up in minutes. Plus this recipes is 100% husband approved!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @chelsbliss if you make this, so I can see your gorgeous creations!