If you’re like most couples, you are always trying to find ways to save money while not sacrificing date night. Many couples will skip a date night simply because the cost. However, date night is an essential time to connect with your spouse and get intimate. So, instead of skipping a night out together, I decided to come up with a creative list of cheap date night ideas that will allow any couple on a budget to still have an amazing night together.
I’m a firm believer that you should never stop dating your spouse and growing your intimacy together. It’s a great way to reconnect after a long week and can be a lot of fun too! You can check out why it’s important to continue dating your spouse here.
So, here is my list of 10 cheap date night ideas that will have any couple forgetting about their budget!
10 Cheap Date Night Ideas:
- Movie night at home- quick, easy, and cost nothing if you have Netflix!
- Picnic on the beach- blanket, wine, and some snacks is all you need to have a romantic night
- Walk in the park- this is a great free option that will allow you to connect and talk without the interruptions of technology
- Cook dinner together at home- If you’re looking for a way to spend time together, this is a perfect option, that will allow you guys to get playful and have fun in the kitchen together
- Coffee shop gossip session- I love doing this with my husband. Just a cheap cup of coffee and a conversation is all you need to have a great night out
- Game night at home- If you have board games then pull them out! This option is great to have some flirty fun and get competitive with your spouse and why not add a bet like “winner gets massage” to add to the fun!
- Drinks & desserts out- When a full dinner out may be too much on the budget, just getting a couple drinks and dessert can be a great cost-effective option that won’t break the budget, but will give you that night out experience.
- Wine & cheese tasting- This can be at home or out at a location. Local places sometimes offer a cover for this, so If you’re trying to get the lowest price possible grab a couple bottles of wine and some cheese at your local grocery store and set up a home tasting, best part is you’ll have leftovers for more date nights!
- Massage night at home- I LOVE doing this with my husband. We normally pick a night to just indulge each other with a massage from one another. Obviously, we are not great at it but it’s the thought that counts, plus the intimate touch is great for any date night. Don’t forget to put on some romantic music, dim the lights, and light some candles for an extra special touch! It’s heavenly.
- Candle lit dinner on the patio- This is a great option just to switch up the location of dinner at home, with adding a romantic touch. No patio, no problem, candle lit dinner in the house will do just fine. It’s all about creating a romantic setting to embrace the evening alone together.
So, there you have it! My 10-cheap date night idea for any couple on a budget. My theory is you may not be rich, but you can still be rich in love! There’s no reason why we can’t embrace an amazing romantic date night while sticking to a budget. I love coming up with creative ideas like this to save money, without sacrificing time with my husband. I hope this helped you guys think of a new, creative way to spend with your spouse on your next date night! Let me know your favorite date night activity below in the comments!