So I’m super excited to let you guys know that my blog has been nominated for a Liebster award. I have the lovely blogger FlipFlopWeekend to thank for nominating me for this award. Her blog is a great place to visit if you want all the details on everything Florida has to offer. From travels, trips, to everyday life, her blog is a sunshine filled paradise for her readers.
So what is the Liebster Award? This is an award that is given to new bloggers by bloggers. It’s a great way to show appreciation and acknowledgement in the blogging community.
By accepting this award, I agreed to share some random facts about me to help people get to know me better. So here we go, 10 random Chelsea facts coming at ya!
- Multiple knick-knacks on furniture drive me crazy lol. I prefer very minimal décor.
- I LOVE reading. I use my library card all the time and download books to read on my iPad.
- I’m probably the world’s pickiest eater.
- I love cooking. Pinterest has made me a cooking addict.
- Sweaters are my favorite thing to wear. If I could wear sweaters all the time I would.
- My favorite movie is Forrest Gump. I have seen it a million times and I cry EVERY time lol.
- My favorite flower is baby’s breath. I just love the way it looks.
- I’m a terrible singer. I can not carry a tune to save my life.
- I love cold weather! I will take winters over Florida heat anyday!
- I’m addicted to chocolate. No joke I literally will eat some form of chocolate everyday lol
In her post flipflopweekend asked me to answer some questions about myself, which are:
- Where was your last vacation and why did you go there? My last Vacation was to Disney World. My husband and I stayed at the DisneyBoardwalk Inn (which is now my new favorite Disney hotel). The whole trip was incredible and I already want to go back!
- If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why? Pocahontas! I love her individuality, free spirit, and that she didn’t care about what anyone thinks of her.
- What is your favorite quote, verse or life motto? Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary
- What do you love the most about your blog? I love the randomness about my blog the most. I made sure when I started this blog that I didn’t want to limit myself into a specific niche. I wanted the freedom to write and talk about whatever interested me and brought me joy. I really love the freedom I have given myself here to share whatever inspires me, with all of you.
- What is the best thing you have ever eaten in your life? My mom’s cakes! Growing up my mom had her own cake business that she ran out of our house and OMG I used to eat leftover cake and frosting all the time! They truly are amazingly delicious.
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a blog, but may not know where to start? First, read other blogs to get inspiration (see what you like and what you don’t like). Make a list of what inspires you most (or ask a friend what you talk about most-that’s most likely what you’ll like blogging about). Don’t be afraid to reach other to other bloggers and ask for help. I didn’t do that in the beginning and I wish I did because so many of them are super helpful. Lastly, Google, Google, Google! I literally googled question after question to set up my blog by myself and I even would google how to write certain codes so that I could customize my site even more.
- What does your perfect weekend look like? Check in to a hotel on the beach and spend all weekend lounging by the pool relaxing, getting massages, drinking frozen drinks then going out to a romantic dinners.
Ok, so now’s the part where I share the love and give recognition to some new bloggers that I have been loving. The nominees are (in no specific order):
- Simplyshaiz This girl is the sweetest and she blogs about all the best natural products!
- Lotsoflovebex If you’re looking for inspiration and motivation, this is your blog!
- Adaffodilbloomsblog I love this girls Friday posts plus her book reviews!
- Blondeandbeachy I swear this girl is a mermaid! She posts the most amazing vacation pictures and her workout/fitness advice is perfection!
- Onthepaige A gorgeous themed life & style blog with a little bit of everything! I love her overall aesthetic and content of her blog.
Here are the rules for accepting this award
- Take the time to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story how your blog started/give pieces of advice to new blogger
- Answer the questions I posted below in your post
- Select 5-10 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, provide the link to the post you created
This way we can help new bloggers grow and support each other.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Name a blogger who inspires you most and why?
- If you could pick any place to live where would it be and why?
Can’t wait to see what everyone’s answers are to these questions! Don’t forget to link me to your post so I can see your responses. Now’s it’s your turn to share the love and pick some new bloggers who’s sites you have been loving.